Ok. I think this bad boy is pretty much ready for molding. I hope I don’t go home tonight, look at him and think, “Welllll, I could tweak this some more I suppose.” I can’t seem to break that cycle…
Alright meet M’ork the Orc who is allergic to pork. He is pretty close to being ready for molding. He’ll house the eye mechanism if all goes as planned. I measured the eye width and scripted the mech lids into the clay. Hopefully it all works out. Stay tuned!
After a couple of different runs of trial and error, I have realized the mechanical eyes will not work with Lazak’Tar due to him being made from splash latex. It’s too stiff, and I will need like a fiberglass or resin under skull to house the mechanic and make it all look realistic in the end. I will need to sculpt another mask and run it in foam latex or silicone. Challenge accepted! Anyway, I still came away with a newly painted version of Lazak’Tar that I actually like better.
I figure if you have latex masks, why not make mechanical eyes to really bring them to life! Sooooo after Internet research, ponying up for some Stan Winston online courses, learning to use autocad, getting parts 3d printed, acquiring a mess load of remote control airplane parts, then going through the headache of putting it all together and fine tuning it all, I ended up with this. And I have to admit, it came out way cooler than I thought. Check it out!
Wizard World 2011